If you have ever had a mold outbreak in your house then you probably know that the mold you can see is only the beginning of the problem. Believe it or not, only 10% of mold is visible – the other 90% is microscopic. On top of this, there is usually even more mold behind the scenes in the roof space, wall spaces, heating and cooling ducts and many other places that are inaccessible.
This is where a mold fogger such as the Concrobium fogger (in our opinion this is the best mold fogger) can make your life so much easier and have the mold problem under control in record time.
Why You Should Remove Mold
Mold is part of every day life, it is everywhere and most of the time you will not even know it is there. But there are occasions when mold growth takes off and it becomes visible and has the well known moldy smell. This is when moldy environments can become a hazard to humans.
Not everyone is sensitive to mold, but those who are will find that a moldy environment causes a variety of health problems. According to the CDC mold can cause the following symptoms:
- nasal stuffiness
- throat irritation
- coughing or wheezing
- eye irritation
- skin irritation
Even more at risk are people with compromised immune systems or chronic lung illnesses. When exposed to mold, these people may get serious infections in their lungs which can be life threatening.
Why You Should Use a Mold Control Fogger to Remove Mold
As we mentioned earlier in the article, you can only see a small percentage of the mold that actually exists in any environment; 90% of mold is microscopic.
So if you have mold showing on your walls, then you can guarantee that there is mold covering other surfaces in the room that you cant see. Just cleaning the mold you can see is not removing the mold completely, only a small part of it.
There are other methods of cleaning mold on drywall, but using a cold fogger fills the room with a fine mist of the mold remediation chemical, this mist then evenly coats everything in the area and kills the mold on all surfaces.
This is why we believe that the only way to treat a mold outbreak is with a cold mold control fogger.
Some of the areas and items that a mold control fogger would be ideal for removing mold from includes:
- Rooms with a lot of Furniture
- Rooms with lots of Windows
- Wooden decks/patios
- Crawl spaces
- Roof spaces
How to Use Foggers
Without re-inventing the wheel, this video made by Concrobium themselves explains everything you need to know.
Note: The specifications have changed since this video was made. The coverage rate per gallon when fogged is approx. 2800 Total Surface Coverage (compared to 1500). As well, the fogging time is approx. 20 mins to run through a gallon.
The Best Mold Fogger
There are a number of different brands you can choose from if you are in the market for a mold fogger, here we will list a few of our favorites and why we chose them.
Our favorite mold control fogger by far is the Concrobium fogger. It is a sturdy, well built fogger than can fog any area up to 400s sq ft in a single application.
- Automizes Concrobium mold control into a fine mist
- Fogging is ideal for treating and pre treating various surfaces
- Ideal for large spaces and hard to reach areas
- Use in musty rooms to eliminate odors
- Use to pre-treat Building materials during construction or Renovation
Clear instructions are included with the unit that cover everything from setting it up, to how much Concrobium Mold Control you will need for your intended room size and how long fogging will take. The fogger produces a very light, even mist of the Concrobium Mold Control formula and fills the room and coats all surfaces perfectly evenly. Many of the competitors in the market use a much heavier fog because more of the chemicals they rely on are required.
Concrobium Mold Control Formula
The Concrobium mold control formula itself is by far the best you can get. It is labelled a “natural spray”, it contains no ammonia, bleach or volatile organic compounds – what this means is that it uses a natural base of chemicals that are not as toxic as many of its competitors. In saying that though you certainly not recommended to actively breath it in when it is in the air.
- Kills, eliminates, and prevents mold
- No ammonia or vocs
- Works on drywall, concrete, wood, masonry, siding, shingles, stone, grout, plastic, tile and many more surfaces
- Can be used on all surfaces interior and exterior.Crushes and suffocates mold as the product dries
- Eliminate source of moisture. Spray directly on mold and allow to dry.No bleach, ammonia or harmful chemicals
It is safe to use on most surfaces, even carpet and timber without any damage to your valuable furniture or floor coverings.
While some mold control solutions are what they call ‘encapsulates’, this means that the product just traps the mold and stops it from spreading without actually killing it. Concrobium mold control actually goes further and kills the mold – eliminating it for good. It actually leaves an invisible antimicrobial shield which prevents the regrowth of mold and mildew, meaning this is a long term solution and not just a quick fix.
Createch Commander Tri Jet ULV Non Thermal Mold Fogger
Our second choice in foggers is the Createch Commander is an American made cold fogger that serves multiple purposes. It not only does mold control fogging, but can also be used to fog any other sort of chemicals such as insect fumigation and sterilization/sanitation.
- Made in the USA
- Can be used indoors and outdoors with oil or water based materials
- suitable for mold and mildew control, sterilization/sanitizer fogging and pest Control Fogging
I mentioned that this mold fogger is made in the USA, and that is probably the reason why it is such good quality. The price is also spot on, with it being a bit cheaper than the Concrobium model.
The Createch Commander mold fogger does not have a recommended anti mold formula, instead you can use almost any cold fogging formular available. This makes it a little less efficient than the Concrobium fogger due to the fact that it is tuned to work for a broad range of products instead of one specialised product.
Mold fogger in action image source: Insourcelife
- How To Get Rid Of Grubs - May 21, 2018
- Types Of Paint Sprayers – Which Is Right For You? - May 18, 2018
- Garden Umbrellas – A Guide For New Users - May 13, 2018
- Spectracide vs Roundup – The Showdown - May 10, 2018
- 4 Shower Wall Options For Your Next Bathroom Renovation - May 3, 2018
- Our Guide To The Best Fertilizer Spreaders – See Our Top Picks! - April 11, 2018
- The Complete Guide To Hardy Succulents - March 29, 2018
- How To Remove Mold From The Shower – Quickly and Easily - March 19, 2018
- Garden Tools Gift Sets – A Unique Gift For The Young and Old - March 9, 2018
- 10 Must Read Home Improvement Blogs - March 6, 2018
Pricing last updated on 2018-05-27 at 10:14 / affiliate links - Details