Roborock has announced the upcoming release of its newest S7 robotic vacuum, the S7 MaxV Ultra, and a new mid-range Q series vacuum with a self-emptying dock.
Both of these new products look to be a huge leap forward in cleaning convenience within the robo-vac world.
Update: Read our full review on the S7 MaxV Ultra here.
“Contrary to popular belief, robot vacuums actually still require hefty input from customers, both in terms of maintaining and operating,” said Richard Chang, founder and CEO of Roborock.
“We are trying to change that by giving our customers an even more hands-off solution, one that requires minimum interactions with the device. That means building a vacuum that can identify and adapt to items in its path, including carpets and obstacles, while also emptying and maintaining itself whenever necessary. With the S7 MaxV Ultra, customers are taking a step closer toward true autonomy in floor cleaning.”
The Roborock S7 MaxV Ultra, which will be available in the US in the second quarter of 2022, will feature:
- A brand new ultra dock that empties the dustbin, cleans the mop attachment, and refills the mopping reservoir.
- Wider mopping area capability of over 3,200 square feet (300 square meters).
- The new ReactiveAI 2.0 Obstacle Avoidance System, which allows the robot to position furniture within the app map and recognize different flooring types to provide optimal cleaning for every surface.
- VibraRise® mopping technology that combines sonic mopping with automatic mop lift so rooms with hard flooring and carpeting can be cleaned in one pass without risking carpets and area rugs getting wet.
- 5100 Pa suction for unparalleled cleaning on any surface.
The first of the Q series robots to be released will be the Q7 Max, which is also expected to be available in the US in the second quarter of 2022. This robot will launch alongside the new Auto Empty Dock Pure.
This new docking system builds off the company’s current auto-empty dock. This dock can hold up to eight weeks worth of dust and uses brushes to clean the charging electrodes on the robot each time it docks.
The Q7 robot is expected to have all the same great features as the flagship S series products. These include features such as:
- Storage of up to 4 maps for multi-level houses.
- Advanced cleaning schedules.
- Automatic carpet boost.
- Up to 3,200 square feet of cleaning on a single charge.
With the Q series, all these features will be available with the added benefit of a self-emptying dock at a mid-range price point–a first in the robo-vac world.
Given the quality and ingenuity we have come to expect from Roborock, we are more than excited to see these new products hit the market.
In the past, we have reviewed a number of Roborock robotic vacuums, including the S7, the S6 Max V, and the S5 Max.
We have also had the chance to test out and review two stick vacuums from the company, the H7 Cordless Vac and the H6 Stick Vac.
In addition to the vast array of intelligent, user-friendly features you can expect from any Roborock product, you also get the guarantee of constant updates and improvements. This is thanks to the company’s commitment to regularly updating the firmware of their vacuums through connected apps.
Check back soon for full reviews on the new S7 MaxV Ultra and Q7 Max.