Let’s face it. When the leaves start rolling down all around your outdoor spaces, the romantic side of it only lasts for some time. Talk about hues of fall turning into backbreaking drudgery as you rake, sweep, pile, and collect. But are you willing to trade all those hours of yard work for something simple that delivers powerful results, how about investing in a nifty backpack leaf blower?
The best backpack leaf blower will not only clean up the hardest to dig debris in your garden or outdoor space, but also leave you much precious time to enjoy other finer pursuits in life. Whether for home or business, these useful items can provide you with years of benefits. Ready?
- Best Backpack Leaf Blower Comparison
- The Benefits of a Backpack Leaf Blower
- What to Look for in a Backpack Leaf Blower
- Backpack Leaf Blower Reviews
- Buy The Best Backpack Leaf Blower Today!
Best Backpack Leaf Blower Comparison
- Price Range
- Engine Size
- Air Speed
- Sound Pressure Level at Operators Ear
- Who Should Buy It
Last update on 2017-08-18 at 16:23 / Affiliate links / Details
Read on to see a detailed review of each leaf blower.
The Benefits of a Backpack Leaf Blower
- Ergonomic: No more lugging around a conventional leaf blower as you trek slowly through your yard. These modern backpack style leaf blower machines come with straps that can adjust to a variety of degrees to help you work in comfort as you blast those wretched leaves (we wish into oblivion!).
- Your choice of Tech: Backpack leaf blowers come with options of cords, charged electricity, gas, and battery. Besides giving you many varieties to choose the most energy efficient one, you can pick the style that best suits your budget. We like the cordless ones best. No more tangled-up cords to unfurl as you silently pretend you are one of them boys from Ghostbusters.
- Lots of Power: The top makes of backpack leaf blowers in the market deliver a big punch of power. And flexible at that. From gentle cleaning to full power blasting, your work becomes much less strenuous than what it would usually be.
- Save time: Think of a backpack leaf blower as an investment. Easy carry and stow, full on work efficiency, and no more frustration as you pile the leaves neatly to discard. And these aren’t just beneficial for leaves. The backpack blower will bust away dirt and sand, light snow and any other dry clutter that seem to find their way into our yard all the time. It has complete all-year use. Some of the more powerful ones even remove wet junk from your yard.
What to Look for in a Backpack Leaf Blower
Some backyard petrol powered machinery is very noisy and so much so, that many communities ban their use during certain times of the day. You want to choose a model that meets your local community’s decibel standards and ensure you wear hearing protection while using the backpack leaf blower at anytime.
Air Flow and Engine Size
But obvious. I mean after all, the whole point of a backpack leaf blower is for you to lighten workload. Variable throttle is important because a full 250 mph blast at all times isn’t your ideal scenario, say, when clearing a hedge-lined narrow walkway. Choose a backpack leaf blower model that can carry out small jobs, or the biggest jobs that require a lot of power. Of course, if you are looking for a commercial function within super large spaces, go all out and buy the top cc.
Although backpack leaf blowers do to tend to get heavier than handheld ones, going anything from between 20 lbs to 40 (or more), it is important to be practical. While most will allow you to stand at a spot and blast from all directions and make a pile, movement will be required to cover larger areas. You may also want invest in one that features comfortable and durable straps. Do remember that having the engine on your back can actually be easier than carrying around a heavy hand held blower.
If you are going for a gas-filled backpack leaf blower, keep in mind that emissions can be dangerous. You would want to opt for an eco-friendly model that controls fumes, and wear a mask if necessary. Most modern backpack leaf blower models come with pollution control features, and are compliant with basic regional standards.
Whether the self-purging variety or one with a vacuum suction feature, you don’t want your backpack leaf blower choking up in dusty conditions. Most vacuum ones are not very ideal because they limit your functionality. The containment space just isn’t enough for leaves and everything else.
Now that we have the above lined out, let’s get into the star winners for 2017’s best backpack leaf blower. Form and functionality alongside mega-power and ease of use, these machines will definitely put a spring to your chores.
Backpack Leaf Blower Reviews
Husqvarna 570BTS powerful X-Torq engine, 65.6 cm³ Speed Backpack Blower
- X-Torq engine - The X-Torq engine design reduces harmful exhaust emissions by up to 60% and increases fuel efficiency by up to 20%.
- High blowing capacity - The powerful and easy to start X-Torq engine in combination with efficient fan design delivers high air speed and air flow.
- Air Purge - Removes air from carburetor and fuel system for easy starting.
- Commercial grade air filter - The 2-stage intake air filtration ensures long operation periods in dusty conditions.
- Ergonomic harness - Comfortable, ventilated and load-reducing harness with hip belt and wide shoulder straps.
Husqvarna backpack leaf blowers are in a league of their own, and does not disappoint with its features. A step up from the 560 series, this machine weighing at 24.5 lbs has a power output of 4 hp and a maximum power speed of 8,000 rpm with a fuel tank of 74.4 fl oz.
The best feature of this backpack leaf blower is of course Husqvarna’s X-Torq engine that reduces harmful emissions by up to 60% while increasing fuel efficiency up to 20%. The black and orange body combines formidable function with an airspeed of up to 236.2 mph while the 2-stage intake air filtration ensures no snags even in the dustiest of conditions.
We put it to the test and we weren’t disappointed; although the vibration of the whole pack in general did not seem to be any lesser than its equivalent counterparts in the market.
- Commercial grade
- Energy efficient
- Falls prey to ethanol in fuel like most other machines with carburetors
Large scale gardeners or property owners with expansive cleaning requirements.
Makita BBX7600N 75.6 CC 4-Stroke Backpack Blower
- Powerful and fuel efficient 75.6 cc 4-stroke commercial duty engine
- Meets or exceeds EPA and CARB exhaust and evaporative emissions regulations
- Padded shoulder straps and ventilated back panel with lumbar support for improved operator comfort
- Large capacity air filter is replaceable and easily accessible
- Item is non returnable
The next model in our best backpack leaf blower list is the Makita BBN7600M. Makita’s fuel efficient 75.6 cc backpack leaf blower meets EPA and CARB regulations with a mechanical automatic engine decompression feature for quick starts. Weighing 22.6 lbs, this machine is more on the petite side featuring a maximum air speed of 195 mph.
The 7,200 rpm engine has a power of 3.8 hp while the oiling port, drain plug, and even the spark plug are easily accessible for fuss-free maintenance.
While trying it on, we liked the padded straps and cruise control feature that helps with fatigue, alongside all the other snazzy features above and others such as large capacity air filter, 64.2 oz tank, and low noise.
- Low noise
- Less vibration
- Great value for commercial or home use
- Users have reported stalls after continuous running for hours without breaks
The fatigued consumer who does not want to invest too much in leaf blower maintenance and yet have a superior product.
Poulan Pro PR48BT 48cc Backpack Blower
- 48CC 2-stroke engine
- 200 mph/475 cfm
- Cruise control
- Heavy duty frame
- Variable speed throttle control
The has been in the best backpack leaf blower list for a while now, with its 2-stroke 48 cc engine. But don’t let the low stats surprise you considering it delivers a windspeed of up to 200 mph that will clear wet debris in a jiffy.
Weighing 22 pounds and featuring various speed controls, a soft-grip handle, and a load-reducing harness, this one topped our list for a no-frills part-time use backpack leaf blower.
The Pulan Pro is great for home use with the motor starting easily and it comes with two different extensions for your use.
- Compact as far as backpack leaf blowers go
- Powerful for its engine size
- User manual is poor
The fatigued consumer who does not want to haul around heavy weights, and yet not compromise on blowing power.
EGO Bare Tool 145 MPH 600 CFM 56-Volt Lithium-Ion Cordless Electric Backpack Blower
- Variable speed up to 600 CFM outperforms most gas blowers
- 8 times quieter than popular gas blowers
- 5.0 Ah battery is compatible with all EGO POWER+ products
- ( battery and charger NOT included)
A new contender for the best backpack leaf blower, the EGO Bare Tool backpack leaf blower is QUIET. And we really mean as quiet as a leaf blower can possibly be.
Working with a 5.0 Ah lithium ion battery, this machine features a decent 145 mph windspeed and of course eliminates the whole problem of fume pollution. Ideal for homes or even small-sized commercial operations, the Ego Bare Tool provides a runtime of up to 2 hours on low power mode, weighs a mere 18.8 pounds, is compatible with all other Ego battery capacities, and allowed us to utilize the advantages of a backpack leaf blower even in a sound restricted/ regulated area.
Confused about cordless tool batteries? See our guide here.
- low noise
- great for small spaces
- Does not come with battery and charger
The eco-conscious consumer looking for a machine to take control of small yards, lots, or gardens.
Echo PB-58OT Backpack Blower
- Genuine OEM Echo Part
- Engine Displacement 58.2 cc
- Air Volume 510 cfm-pipe, Maximum Air Speed 215 mph
- 70 dB(A)
- Dry Weight 22.6 lbs
This 58.2 cc Echo backpack leaf blower is also a 2-stroke wonder featuring 215 mph air velocity and a stage 2 compliant low emission engine.
Featuring many qualities of full-grade professional backpack blowers, the powerful echo has four anti-vibration springs that keeps fatigue away when using. Weighing at 22.6 lbs, we found that the machine is an excellent choice for mid-level operations, especially with its tool-less air filtration system for easy maintenance.
Compared to some of the more elite brands in the market, the PB-58OT does offer a very competitive price for the specs.
Comfort, power, seamless functioning, leaf guard in air filter.
Not ideal for commercial operations.
For the customer for likes easy maneuverability, high-speed, and minimal vibration.
Buy The Best Backpack Leaf Blower Today!
Finally, whatever model you choose for your home or business needs, proper fuel usage in case of gas based backpack leaf blowers is a must, and so is maintenance for all of them. Read instruction manuals carefully to make the most out of them, and to ensure that the lifespan of the machine is to its highest potential.
So what are you waiting for? Go shopping for the best backpack leaf blower right now!
Current Most Popular Backpack Leaf Blowers
Some of these may already be on our best backpack leaf blower list, but the below is a live list from Amazon of the current best sellers.
Last update on 2017-08-18 at 16:23 / Affiliate links / Details